The City Manager for the City of Aurora is Jon Holmes. Holmes began his duties as Aurora's City Manager on September 1, 2017.
The City Manager is the administrative official responsible for implementing Council policies. The City Manager:
- Directs the City work force and assists Department Heads with day-to-day operations as needed
- Prepares the annual budget for Council consideration and approval
- Keep the City Council fully advised of the financial condition of the City
- Recommends to the Council measures deemed necessary to ensure efficent and effective operation of the City
- Appoints department heads and staff
- Undertakes a wide range of other task and duties as necessary
Additionally, the City Manager attends all the City Council meetings and advises the Council on the various issues, and provides recommendations as appropriate.